50 Factory, Improving Throughput | Case Study
50 factory specialises in the fast fulfilment of original and used parts for motorcycles. To accommodate the company's growth, the packaging process needed a redesign.
50 Factory was born from the owner’s passion for 50cc motorcycles.The site was initially created for selling used spare parts for 50cc motorcycles but quickly the range of products was expanded with original parts and parts for other motorcycles, quads and scooters. The catalogue now has more than 50.000 entries, which makes it the largest catalogue dedicated to spares and accessories for 50cc and 125cc motorcycles.
To prepare for further growth in the years to come the company needed to optimise the packaging process and was looking for:
- Improved packing efficiency
- Ergonomic pack stations
- Optimal protection of the packaged parts
The new setup exists of the PackmasterPro Fanfold with transport via air ducts to 5 bins in total, supplying 18 pack stations with paper pads.
- 2x PackmasterPro Fanfold
- 1 air duct supplying 3 bins length~8.5 m
- 1 air duct supplying 2 bins length~4 m
- 1 ply70 GSM fanfold paper
Each machine produces a different length of the paperpads. This guararantees the best possible protection of the items during shipment.
- Each packer has a spacious pack station with the paper pads immediately within reach, improving ergonomics and efficiency at the same time. All orders are shipped within the promised deadline, also on peak days.
50 factories finds it important to offer an ever greater customer satisfaction. A large product offering, spare parts from stock and quick and correct deliveries all help to create the optimal customer experience.