The Pregis Purpose
2021 ESG Report
Since the beginning, Pregis has been driven by three values: to Protect, Preserve, and Inspyre. Recognizing our role in the supply chain, from the materials we use in our packaging to the role shipping plays in helping customers achieve their sustainability goals, we have worked diligently to eliminate non-renewable resource consumption in manufacturing our products and minimize unnecessary shipments caused by damage to prevent waste and pollution.
These efforts culminated in the formation of our 2K30 Goals, driving concrete action from our employees, leadership, customers, and industry associates to achieve seven sustainability milestones by the year 2030. With our work already underway to co-create the circular economy, we are proud to report the outcomes of our efforts in our annual Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) Report.
Among other 2021 metrics, the following key accomplishments are outlined in the report:
- Saved 647,569 trees from harvest through production of paper packaging solution made from 100% recycled paper
- Positively impacted 211,225 lives through philanthropic efforts, providing clean water and supplying meals to those in need through Pregis Inspyre™ product sales and employee programs
- Launched Catalyst Learning Management System, a personal and professional development hub for Pregis employees worldwide
- Reduced environmental impact of damaged shipments by eliminating 43,776 unnecessary reshipments
- Introduced new products focused on sustainability and overall lower carbon footprint. Examples include the Pregis EverTec™ mailer in North America and AirSpeed® Renew Zero in Europe.
- Opened 8 new facilities (7 in North America, 1 in Europe), all of which comply with sustainable building standards ensuring the most energy efficient, zero waste, and carbon neutral operations. Completed an acquisition to expand paper-based packaging solutions
- Examples of how we are building strong foundation of operational excellence and circular product design as demonstrated through recognized accreditations organizations include ISO and ISCC Certification
Sustainability and social responsibility have always been a part of our DNA, and this annual ESG report helps celebrate progress towards our goals. It is also a commitment to science-based reduction targets that are aligned to net-zero, our climate pledge commitment and near term 2k30 emissions reduction targets. We continue to look deeply at the sustainability efforts, social and community service, and governance programs we already have in place and how to accelerate our ongoing efforts to make a greater impact.
At Pregis, we take our Promise for corporate social responsibility seriously and are excited to share the impact of our work.
Pregis Purpose goals were established to in accordance with applicable United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
Click here to view the correlation between the UN SDGs and the Pregis 2k30 goals.