Pregis releases 2021 Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report
Company publishes its annual ESG report, progresses toward 2K30 goals
Pregis®, a leading global manufacturer of flexible packaging and protective packaging solutions, today released its 2021 ESG report detailing the company’s progress against the company’s published 2K30 goals. Its ESG initiatives are an extension of the Pregis Purpose to Protect, Preserve and Inspyre™ with the overarching goal of addressing global waste challenges through innovative initiatives and company-wide action plans that advance the circular economy by protecting the planet, and building a better future for everyone.
Among other 2021 metrics, Pregis reported the following key accomplishments:
- Saved 647,569 trees from harvest through production of paper packaging solution made from 100% recycled paper
- Introduced new products focused on sustainability and overall lower carbon footprint, including the Pregis EverTec™ recyclable cushioned mailer in North America and AirSpeed® Renew™ Zero, a carbon neutral air pillow film with 50% PCR content
- Positively impacted 211,225 lives through philanthropic efforts, providing clean water and supplying meals to those in need through Pregis Inspyre™ product sales and employee programs
- Reduced environmental impact of damaged shipments by eliminating 43,776 unnecessary reshipments
- Opened eight new facilities (seven in North America, one in Europe), all of which comply with sustainable building standards ensuring the most energy efficient, zero waste, and carbon neutral operations
- Completed acquisition to expand paper-based packaging solutions
“As we expand our global footprint, our responsibility to deliver meaningful change and make a positive impact grows exponentially, and a measurable commitment to ESG is more important than ever,” said Kevin Baudhuin, president and CEO of Pregis. “2021 was a significant year in our sustainability journey, and we made steady progress towards our 2030 goals. Our dedication to ESG impacts every part of our business, from engineering sustainable product solutions, to establishing zero waste at our facilities, to providing a safe and fulfilling workplace for our employees, and we remain intensely focused on our ESG targets.”
The Pregis “Journey to 2K30” is a forward-thinking plan that is evolving the way Pregis conducts business, uses resources, and engages its employees, customers, and the supply chain to protect and preserve the planet. As a signatory to The Climate Pledge, the company is committed to be net carbon neutral by 2040 and is making future investments in equipment and resources to address carbon emissions, energy efficiency, and zero waste operations. Pregis has a goal of at least 10 of its facilities achieving zero waste by the end of 2022.
Pregis currently operates 32 locations in North America and six in Europe and employs more than 3,000 people. For more information on Pregis’ ESG progress, the full report is available for download from the web site: Pregis 2021 ESG report.