Pregis announces its global 2030 sustainability action plan
Pregis, a leading manufacturer of protective packaging, announces its global Pregis 2030 mission—a bold plan to harness the company’s passion for sustainability into concrete action.
2030 includes real, measurable goals, close cooperation with Pregis partners, vendors and customers worldwide, and an open invitation for like-minded companies and individuals to join the company in doing better. The goal is to contribute to protecting and preserving the planet for generations to come. Working hand in hand with its network and forming new alliances, by the year 2030, Pregis will:
- Reduce its greenhouse gas emissions intensity by 25%
- Eliminate 1 million customer reshipments
- Save 15 million new trees from harvest
- Make 100% of Pregis products recyclable, reusable, or with a minimum 30% reduced reliance on new fossil-based ingredients
- Achieve 100% product and process waste reduction at Pregis facilities globally
- Invest $15 million in circular, scalable, and sustainable material, process and waste solutions globally
- Make a positive impact on 25 million lives
In addition to our 2030 goals Pregis Europe will:
- Lower its carbon footprint by 20% by 2025.
Incorporate 70% recycled or bio-based materials into European products by 2025 based on a weighted average across all materials. By 2030, Pregis Europe will incorporate 100% recycled or bio-based resources into the European product portfolio based on a weighted average across all materials.
“Our mission at Pregis is to run our business in the most sustainable manner possible. Our ambitions for 2030, is to harness the power of individual contributions as well as collective collaborations between our employees, customers, supply chain partners and the communities in which we live and serve. In working toward these goals, we’ll continue to improve our footprint and reduce environmental burdens while making significant, positive contributions to people and society. Obviously, our ambitions don’t end in 2030 but will be continue and accelerate beyond, to help move our business, employees, customers and stakeholders toward a net carbon neutral future,” Clint Smith, senior director, global sustainability. As signatories of The Climate Pledge, Pregis is committed to achieving net-zero annual carbon emissions by 2040.
Pregis has also created the Pregis Purpose Awards to recognize and honor its channel partners who have exhibited the same dedication in making the world a better place through sustainability initiatives and practices, corporate stewardship and community improvement.