Pregis issues annual Environmental, Social and Governance report detailing foundational work in meeting 2K30 environmental goals
Pregis issued its annual Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report. The accomplishments summarized in the report demonstrate the company’s foundational work towards meeting its 2K30 goals. Further, as a signatory to The Climate Pledge, Pregis’ goal is to be carbon neutral by 2040.
Pregis, a leading manufacturer of protective packaging, issued its annual Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report. The accomplishments summarized in the report demonstrate the company’s foundational work towards meeting its 2K30 goals. Further, as a signatory to The Climate Pledge, Pregis’ goal is to be carbon neutral by 2040.
Its initiatives are built around the company’s mission—Protect, Preserve and Inspyre, with the goal of helping tackle the global waste and climate change challenges by driving systemic improvements with sustainable, circular, scalable technology. Included in the report is a review of efforts and plans executed in 2020. These include:
- Positively impacted more than 240K lives through charitable actions
- 500K trees saved from harvest via 100% recycled content paper packaging options
- 143K documented packages saved from damage/landfill
- Multiple product solutions designed and launched to address circularity
- Infrastructure investments that will improve environmental profile
“Highly visible to consumers, packaging provides a unique platform to drive change. By exploring new technologies, we are working towards creating packaging solutions that are carbon neutral and adhere to the circular economy principles. Carbon neutrality is our north star and all initiatives are working to move us in this direction. The next 10 years will be an accelerated period of transformation for our company, industry, and the world we share,” said Kevin Baudhuin, president and CEO, Pregis.
The company’s 2K30 initiative includes real, measurable goals, close cooperation with Pregis partners, vendors and customers worldwide. It also includes an open invitation for like-minded companies and individuals to join the company in doing better. The goal is to contribute to protecting and preserving the planet for generations to come. Working hand in hand with its network and forming new alliances, by the year 2030, Pregis will:
- Reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by at least 25%
- Eliminate a minimum of 1 million customer reshipments
- Save at least 15 million new trees from harvest
- Make 100% of Pregis products recyclable, reusable, or with a minimum 30% reduced reliance on new fossil-based ingredients
- Achieve 100% product and process waste reduction at Pregis facilities globally
- Invest $15 million in circular, scalable, and sustainable material, process and waste solutions globally
- Positively impact at least 25 million lives via charitable initiatives, education and advocacy programs